Tuesday, August 2, 2011

EOC Week 4: Jerry Della Femina

Jerry Della Femina, I never heard of him before today's class. A brilliant but crazy man. Jerry always understood FUN. If it wasn't fun or exciting the consumer wasn't going for it. Along with fun came sex, alcohol and long days of partying collaborations.

 USA Today described him as, "The most colorful creative guy in an industry full of colorful creative guys."
Jerry is a very creative guy. Since I have started my college career I have been interested in advertising and the way effects different markets. Advertising is how a product is noticed. It's very interesting that consumers are effected by advertising and their purchase choices. I have always been amazed as to how they sell stuff you usually wouldn't want to buy, but because the way it is advertised it makes you want it. 

"In the staid world of advertising, Jerry Della Femina was something new: the self-created personality." (http://observatory.designobserver.com/entry.html?entry=14668)
I would like to think I have a self created personality. I think with this in mind, that's the idea Jerry wants. He wants to get it your personality, get into the consumers mind elements. These are strategies that Jerry uses to get the consumers lured in and wanting to know what is great about the merchandise.

"That's great advertising when you can turn Chicago into a city you'd want to spend more than three hours in." Jerry Della Femina (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/jerry_della_femina.html)
This alone sends the message that Jerry can do amazing things and truly inspires people to buy and advertise like geniuses! Its just a saying but it's uniquely clever like everything he has done. After learning of Jerry Della Femina, I have gained even more interest in advertising. I think advertising and fashion are a united couple, I would like to see more of Jerry in new fashion advertisers in the future of fashion or any retail market.

No comments:

Post a Comment